The JCC Early Childhood Center is seeking teachers to come and join our team.
- Associates’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or related field.
- A strong knowledge of child development
- Experience working center-based childcare programs.
- Experience working with emergent curriculum approaches, particularly HighScope.
- Passionate about providing excellent daily care, initiating ideas and activities, and collaborating with a team of educators
- Comfortable supporting and engaging parents and families
- Skilled in communication, both written and verbal
- Must be flexible and willing to help out where needed
This is a full-time position and benefits include:
- health & dental insurance
- participation in a retirement plan
- low-cost Aflac coverage
- paid personal days and vacation
- guaranteed hours
- degree completion assistance
- JCC membership
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience and ranges from $27,000 to $36,000 per year.
Our program serves children ages 2 months through 5 years . We believe that children are powerful, competent, and capable of solving problems and expressing intentions. We also believe that adults play a critical role in children’s learning, by supporting their efforts to explore ideas and solve problems, by scaffolding children’s ability to express their ideas and reflect on their experiences, and by establishing a positive climate for learning. Our program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and is the centerpiece of a vibrant community center.
The JCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – our teachers come from diverse backgrounds.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]