Get your Flu Shot at the J
Thu September 23 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This year’s clinic is provided by Sam’s Club Pharmacy
Pharmacist: Julie Goldman
Our 50 slots filled up so fast that we are opening up another 40 spots on a waiting list basis between 4 and 6 p.m. but need at least 30 people to register in order for it to happen.
If you are interested in signing up please email Julie Goldman at [email protected]
with the following information:
1. Names and birthdates for everyone wanting an appointment
2. Desired time frame
4. Phone number
5. Type of flu shot desired: standard quadrivalent, high dose quadrivalent for seniors 65+, or nasal for age 3-49 years
6. A photo or screenshot of your pharmacy insurance card
Some frequently asked questions:
1. The Flumist (nasal spray) is a live vaccine. This means it carries a small chance of causing minor flu, needs to be separated from the measles and chickenpox vaccines by at least 4 weeks, and can only be given to immunocompetent individuals up to age 49. Live vaccines cannot be given if pregnant. The pharmacist generally recommends the nasal spray for children who are afraid of needles.
2. The pharmacy will let you know as soon as possible if your insurance isn’t contracted with Sam’s Club –definitely before the week of the clinic.
3. A legal guardian must accompany children.
4. Vaccine information will be loaded into the Michigan Care Improvement Registry (MCIR) where it can be viewed by your Michigan Licensed health care provider.