JCC Maccabi Games & ArtsFest
JCC Maccabi 2019 Games will happen in Detroit, MI, August 4-9. With the close geographic proximity, the cost will be significantly less than usual due to decreased travel costs.
Each summer, the JCC of Greater Ann Arbor sends a team of Jewish teens to the JCC Maccabi Games & ArtsFest, a week long Olympic-style sporting competition (Games, ages 12-16) and practice & performance (ArtsFest, ages 12-17), in different cities across America.
Athletes and artists from all over the world also participate in community service projects and social activities to combine for an unforgettable experience and a week to remember.
In 2018, we will be traveling close to home, in Detroit, MI! With the close geographic proximity, the cost will be significantly less than usual. Athletes will stay with host families and still get the complete experience, no matter how close to home the games are.
Before you register, you will first need to create an account. To create an account, click here.
You will also need to complete all of the additional documents listed.
- JCC of Greater Ann Arbor Delegation Registration: (Please note that the cost reflects the entire price to attend the JCC Maccabi Games & ArtsFest, and does not need to be paid in full at the time of registration. A $500 non-refundable registration fee will need to be paid at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Remaining balances must be paid in full by June 1st). Fees include travel, uniform, food, warm-ups, trading pins. Athletes & Artists will stay with “Host Families” the week of JCC Maccabi.
- JCC Membership: $125 ‘Single Adult Membership’. Valid for one year from date of purchase.
- Confirmation Kit (along with copy of birth certificate or social security card AND copy of front and back of insurance card) – due TO THE JCC BY April 1 ($150 late fee).
*The Medical form which is required for both artists & athletes on Page 7 is due TO THE JCC BY May 1 ($150 late fee)*
- Online National Registration (Past participants will need to fill out, but will not need to create a new username or password)
- ARTISTS ONLY: How to apply for ArtsFest
Team Sports Detroit, Michigan
- Baseball: 14U Boys, 16U Boys
- Basketball: 14U Boys, 16U Boys, 16U Girls
- Flag Football: 16U Boys
- Ice Hockey: 16U
- Lacrosse: 16U Boys
- Soccer: 14U Boys, 16U Boys, 16U Girls
- Volleyball: 16U Girls
Individual Sports- Boys and Girls
- Dance: 14U Boys, 16 U Boys, 14U Girls, 16U Girls
- Swimming: 14U Boys, 16 U Boys, 14U Girls, 16U Girls
- Table Tennis: 14U Boys, 16 U Boys, 14U Girls, 16U Girls
- Tennis: 14U Boys, 16 U Boys, 14U Girls, 16U Girls
- Track and Field: 14U Boys, 16 U Boys, 14U Girls, 16U Girls
- Star Reporter – 14U & 16U
Arts Fest Specialties (Ages 12-18)
We know Maccabi can be expensive! That’s why, once the team is assembled in March, we will give all athletes & artists opportunities to raise money which will go right back to them to pay for their trip! Additionally, we have scholarships available, so please do not hesitate to inquire about this. You can find out more by emailing [email protected]
Check out all of last year’s fun JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest!
Want to be added to our listserve? Have questions? Contact:
Deborah Ryan, JCC Maccabi Games & ArtsFest Delegation Head: (734) 971-0990 or [email protected]
To donate to the Ann Arbor Maccabi Delegation, click here or ‘DONATE’ at the top right of your screen.
Thank you to those who have made Ann Arbor Maccabi possible, and thank you in advance to those who continue to show their support.